Wednesday 23 November 2011

Five Favorite Films with Kermit the Frog (and Miss Piggy Too!)

Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy have been big movie stars for many years, and now they're back with The Muppets, which opens in theaters this week. In their latest big screen adventure, Kermit and Piggy are joined by Muppet superfan Walter, as well as non-Muppets Gary (Jason Segel) and Mary (Amy Adams), who help to get the whole gang back together for a wild televised variety show that may help them to save their old Muppet Theater from the wrecking ball. In interviews with Rotten Tomatoes, Kermit (performed by Steve Whitmire) and Miss Piggy (performed by Eric Jacobson) shared a few of their favorite films (spoiler: Miss Piggy prefers her own movies), and also talked about their craziest fans and their longevity in the movie business. Without further ado, let's begin with Kermit the Frog's Five Favorite Films:


Kermit the Frog: Wow, do I have five favorite films? Well, I love The Wizard of Oz because of the rainbow; it's kind of an inspiration for me. That's a good one.

Quite frankly, I really like The Rocky Horror Picture Show. It's one of my favorites.

What do you like about that one?

Well, Tim Curry. And I'm sorry he got so typecast in that because he's got such a broad range, but we worked with Tim in Muppet Treasure Island, and we actually sung some of those songs in between takes. Even in this movie we were singing them with Jason [Segel] and Amy [Adams].

Five films, wow. What else? I love Vanilla Sky.

You do?

I love it. It's so weird. It's like what happens to me when I sit on a log and stare at the water too long. I love that one. I'm giving you strange answers, aren't I?

No, no, this is great. You watch a lot of movies, then.

I do. I do, whenever I can.

Ooh, I thought of one! The Devil's Advocate.

Really...

The morals... I love that. I love that movie. That's one of my other favorites. Al Pacino, he's done a lot of stuff, but I think that's his best role. I love it.

I hesitate to say Deliverance, but I must say I like the banjo, so why don't we go with that? It was shot down in the swamp, where I'm from, and I think there's a pig scene, too, so there you go. We're all set.

Next, Kermit talks about working with Fozzie, his craziest fans, and how his family first got into show business.

Source: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1923979/news/1923979/

nor easter st.louis cardinals st.louis cardinals drag me to hell alot alot are you afraid of the dark

No comments:

Post a Comment